Thursday 14 May 2009

Captain of Men, Leader of My Heart

It was the summer of love - 1994, I was big, hairy and ugly yet I could not take my eyes off this young, silky skinned, fresh faced piece of meat that drifted out of the boarding house clutching his soft, pert behind. Was it an angel sent down to please me or the devil sent to test me? Only time would tell.

It wasn’t however until I saw this siren at the crease for the first time that I knew one day he would break my heart. Grace, poise and elegance are words often thrown around too cheaply, yet seeing such deftness in defence and authority in attack made me weep with joy and recoil in amazement in equal quantities.

That protagonist of the U14 B’s taught me not only how to play cricket but also how to be a man. I owe him my life, my being, my sexuality. A captain of men, a leader of my heart, Hammy I salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment