Monday 27 July 2009

49ers ‘star’ all rounder touches another teams balls…

49er players and fans have expressed dismay at the news that their captain, Gordon Cherrington, played for another team on Sunday 26th July.

Speaking from 49er HQ, media spokesperson and founding member, Ed ‘Hammy’ Hamilton said:

“It is with a mixture of sadness and pride that I can confirm that Gordon Cherrington did in fact turn out for another team in an actual cricket match. We understand that Gordon was ‘tapped up’ on Friday by the Victoria and Albert Museum team, and asked to play a leading role in their match against Stonar CC. The match took place in Henley between 12pm – 6pm on Sunday and by all accounts Gordon was pretty outstanding”

“We would like to reassure all 49er fans that Gordon is, and always will be, a 49er and that his decision to play for another team was based purely on his desire to improve his own performance for the Brockwell 49ers. I have spoken to Gordon this morning and he has once again re-assured me that he will honour his 49er contract and will be turning out for us next season”

Witnesses who attended the game in Henley are said to have remarked that Cherrington ‘played out of his skin’ was ‘as agile as a cat on speed’ in the field and that despite being a last minute addition to the V&A team, also played ‘majestically’ when asked to take the keepers gloves for 10 overs.

This blog managed to catch up with Cherrington at last night’s exclusive viewing of the West Wing, season 4, episode 3 at his house, where he said:

“Look, I got asked to play by another team because one of their players had seen me a couple of times for the 49ers and thought I was pretty shit hot. It does not in anyway mean that I’m turning my back on the 49ers … the very spirit of that team runs through my veins, stirs through my soul and ripples through my underpants. Those lads mean the world to me and I will never ever leave them … although the tea was pretty special at yesterday’s game …”

The V&A team were unavailable for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment